Illinois 5Essentials Survey 2019
Please share your thoughts to help guide school improvement. Participate in the Illinois 5Essentials Survey.
Teachers, parents, guardians and students in 4th – 8th grades across District 89 are encouraged to participate in the Illinois 5Essentials Survey to share their thoughts on the important elements of school effectiveness and help guide school improvement.
Survey Website: https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/
The 5Essentials Survey will be administered online on behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education. The research-based survey identifies five indicators that can lead to important student outcomes, including improved attendance and larger test score gains. Research has shown that schools strong on these indicators are 10 times more likely to improve student learning. The five indicators are:
- Effective Leaders: The principal works with teachers to implement a clear and strategic vision for school success.
- Collaborative Teachers: The staff is committed to the school, receives strong professional development, and works together to improve the school.
- Involved Families: The entire school staff builds strong relationships with families and communities to support learning.
- Supportive Environment: The school is safe and orderly. Teachers have high expectations for students and support students to realize their goals. Classmates also support one another.
- Ambitious Instruction: Classes are academically demanding and engage students by emphasizing the application of knowledge.
All D89 parents are encouraged to take this survey – whether your child is in an early childhood program, elementary school or middle school. If parents have more than one child at a school, they can complete one survey for each child. Parents with children enrolled in multiple schools may take the survey for each school. It takes about 10 minutes to complete a parent survey, and it is completely confidential – your answers will not be tied to you or your student.